Innovation In Action
Our Type 6 Wildland Engines have been an evolution of a product dating back more than 30 years. All of our Type 6 Engines are NFPA 1906 compliant and have been designed to meet or exceed the standards of Federal and State Agencies, and municipal and volunteer departments across the country.
Our Type 6 wildland engines can be equipped with a proprietary composite apparatus body, custom-built Galvanneal steel, stainless, aluminum, or combinations of these to accommodate the variations an agency/department needs. BFX Fire Apparatus has years of experience in constructing Type 6 brush trucks with the firefighter in mind, be it rural, suburban or urban. Our Type 6 brush trucks are made of a lightweight composite material that will never rust or corrode, adding years of useful life compared to the heavier all-metal construction of other brush trucks.
Our Type 6 wildland engines are in service daily throughout the nation in some of the most challenging wildland settings imaginable. BFX Fire Apparatus’ understructure is specifically engineered to withstand the rigors of the Wildland off-road environment and united with our flexible mounting system. We are proud to say that we have never experienced a failure with our understructure/flexible mounting system on any of our Type 6 brush trucks.
What Sets Our Trucks Apart?
Among the other “staples” of our Type 6 Wildland Engines, there are several things that set them apart from the other brush trucks in the industry and provide end-users with a diversity of applications:
- Lightweight composite material will never rust or corrode – compare that to other Type 6 engines and brush trucks.
- Our use of stainless steel manifolds that utilize Victaulic couplings to ease the maintenance process – keeps your brush truck operational.
- A multiplex electrical system with remote/field diagnostics capabilities – troubleshoot your brush truck even while on the scene.
- Our unique modular designs offer a vast variety of independent storage solutions – a must for Type 6 brush truck applications.
- Specialty trim/finish components – tailor your Type 6 brush truck to fit your individual needs.